Saturday, December 12, 2020

2020 Christmas Countdown Project

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Today.......I have a fun alternate project I made with the November 'Jolly Gingerbread' kit.  I made this project as a way to journal my countdown to Christmas 2020.  Typically......I am back in Madison, Wisconsin in December.......And I create a Christmas countdown journaling project to capture all the fun things I did each day during my visit.  But this year.......things are a tad bit different.  I'm pretty much housebound and needing to find ways to keep myself ENTERTAINED and AMUSED.  So my little Jolly Gingerbread Christmas 2020 Countdown project was created.  Check out what I created.  
This Christmas 2020 Countdown project is going to be a fun way for me to capture all the special (and not so special) things I did each day prior to Christmas Day.  It's CUTE and ADORABLE and will make a great keepsake for me to look back on in years to come.
I used two of the gingerbread gift card holders that were included in the 'Jolly Gingerbread Kit' and adhered them together to create a fun little gingerbread house.  Now......there is nothing spectacular about creating these houses with this kit......they are ALL OVER the internet right now and it seems like everyone is creating mini gingerbread houses with this kit.  I did however create a bottom to my box and by adding this piece to my house......I was able to keep my countdown tags tucked nicely inside my house.  (The bottom is created with a 2-1/2"x2-1/2" piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock and scoring it so it fit perfectly to the inside of my house.)
My house was created using pieces within the 'Holly Jolly' kit......
And I decorated all four sides of my house with those supplies.
For the inside of my house......I created 25 tags.
I created a scallop number marker for each tag.  The numbers are from the 'Wonder of the Season Memories & More Pack' ...... And I added some '2020 Subtles & In Color Designer Series Paper' to the bottom of each tag for a little added FUN!!! 
And each tag is topped off with either 'Cinnamon Cider 1/4" Ribbon' or 'Petal Pink Metallic Edge Ribbon' (now retired ..... But you could use the 'Whisper White 3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon' along with your Petal Pink Stampin' Blends and create the same ribbon).
To finish off each tag ....... I used either my White Gel Pen or Cinnamon Cider Marker and added stitching lines around the outer edges of each tag.  This gave me the extra WOW FACTOR I was looking for.
Just couldn't be happier with the way this project turned out.  Now that my project is finished ...... I look forward to entering something to each day ...... And hope to add a photo to the back side of each tag for some added FUN!!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share more holiday projects that I have created ..... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. This mini gingerbread house is creatively decadent with no calories. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. It was a fun project to create.

      Delete
  2. Kadie, oh how fun , love those ♥️
    Hugs Frenchie ♥️

    ReplyDelete