Thursday, December 03, 2020

Sharing Our Christmas Tree and Christmas Cheer Tags

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
To continue KICKING OFF the upcoming Christmas Holiday Season...... Today, I'm sharing a FUN Holiday Season tag idea. I use product from both the 2020-2021 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog ...... as well as the 2020 Stampin' UP! Mini Holiday Catalog.  But.....before I jump in and share the tags I created........I want to share my Christmas Tree for this year with you (thank you Debbie for the gentle push).
Every year.......I decorate our Christmas Tree with a new theme.......And I alway make home-made ornaments that I start working on months before our tree actually goes up.    Typically, those ornaments would be some type of papercrafting idea and would be made to be disposable (as you will hear shortly the reason why disposable).   Christmas has always been my FAVORITE time of year and as a child ..... My memories are filled with lots of Christmas JOY.   So.....With all that Christmas Joy in my heart ........ Each year I would drag Jack out to chop down our Christmas tree.  I quickly learned......Jack did not share the same HAPPY HAPPY Christmas Joy Joy that I did.  He went along with cutting down the tree.......And agreed to dragging the tree into the house......Getting it in the stand......And then I would give him the "Go For It" sign and off he would head to the famly room to watach football while my job was to decorate the tree.  (Honestly.....this was a GREAT plan because I wanted my Christmas Tree to look PERFECT and lets face it.......Who hasn't just pitched the tinsel onto the tree to get it over with.  NOT ME....Just ask my kids - It's one strand of tinsel at a time)  
SO......I came up with the BRILLIANT IDEA to make disposable ornaments because when January 1st came around and the tree had to come down and it was a tad bit dried out ...... All I needed to do was pull off the lights and Jack would drag the tree with the decorations out to the street for pick-up.  Because lets face it......nobody wants to pull ornaments off  a dried up tree and have their hands pricked with sharp needles.
So.......This year I decided to crochet Candy Canes for our tree and also create some ADORABLE Gingerbread Men to go along with the candy cane theme.  And just for the record.......These ornaments will not be thrown out!
Here is a close-up of the 100 crochet Candy Canes I made.......And the 75-PaperCrafted Gingerbread Men.  (Jack calls all this work I put into this project as my "nervous energy".......But I just say it's a project of LOVE!!!)
Just couldn't be happier with the way our tree turned out this year.  

So....... Now......How about we jump in on the holiday tags I created.
These little tags are going to look so cute on some of my Christmas packages this year.
I used the 'Warm & Toasty' set and stamp the ADORABLE reindeer onto the center of my 2"x4-1/2" Whisper White tag.
I used my Real Red, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Stampin' Blends to color that little cutie in.
And then I added some 'Real Red 3/16" Braided Linen Trim' to top of each tag.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share more Holiday projects with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

6 comments:

  1. Awwww, how BEAUITFUL your tree and your projects, like always ♥️♥️♥️
    Hugs Frenchie, berrrrr stay warm ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to come and visit my blog Frenchie. Glad you like my tree and tags.

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU, Kadie! Your tree looks so festive- as usual!!
    I was going to say if you were tossing your ornaments I would be waiting at the curb! 😉
    Also, LOVE the tags!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Debbie for the gentle push to share my tree. You are not alone on claiming my ornaments. I've had 7-followers email me the same message.

      Delete
  3. Darling tag . . . love your tree . . . "one strand of tinsel at a time!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I drove my kids CRAZY when it was time to put the tinsel on......But I would go with the flow and clean it up after they went to bed. TOO FUNNY.

      Delete