Saturday, October 15, 2022

Trail Mix Box

10/17 Update:  I posted a picture of what your box will look like once you have all the cuts and scores done.

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
I'm starting something NEW for my Saturday share and will continue sharing my Saturday Sweet Treat packaging idea with you until the end of the year.  These Saturday projects will be some form of a YUMMY sweet treat packaging.  Here is what I created to kick this new blog posting off.
This DARLING treat box just couldn't be an EASIER to create.  I'm probably going to take back a few of these to Wisconsin and give them out the week of Thanksgiving to some friends I'm meeting up with.
The base of this box is made from 8-1/2" x 10" piece of Cajun Craze.  You will score the 8-1/2" side at 1/4", 2-1/4", 6-1/4" nd 8-1/4".  Then turn your cardstock and score the 10" side at 5-1/2" and 7-1/2".
You will start at the 2-1/4" score line and CUT to the 5-1/2" horizontal score line and CUT OFF the 2-1/4" and 5-1/2" pieces.  You will repeat this step on the opposite side.  Next you will turn your cardstock to the 8-1/2" side and cut at the 7-1/2" score line to the 2-1/4" horizontal score line.  Repeat this step on the opposite side.
Here's a template of what your box should look like when you have all your scores and cuts done.
I used the 'Stylish Shapes Dies' to create my sentiment.  And the sentiment is from the 'Gathered Wheat' set.
I did add some 'Natural Finish Ribbon' to the top of my box ..... And cropped out some wheat from the 'Wheat Dies'.
I decorated my box with the 'Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper'.  Those pieces measure: Inside 1-3/4" x 7-3/4", Qty 2-Pcs for the sides 1-1/2" x 2" and Qty 1-Pc for the front that is 3-1/2" x 2".
All that was left to do was fill my box up with some trail mix and add some 'Linen Thread' to the packaging.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Spotlight Sunday creation with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

6 comments:

  1. What a super sweet and fun treat holder. Perfect for fall. I think it would make a great place holder for Thanksgiving. Or even fun place settings for a wedding??? This is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda. I'm going to be handing out a few of these to my friends on the week of Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Can you post a template picture for the treat box ? I have followed your instructions but for some reason mine doesn’t seem to be correct . Thanks in advance Beverly Snyder

    ReplyDelete