Saturday, October 08, 2022

Grateful For Moon Pie

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
I'm starting something NEW for my Saturday share and will continue to share these ideas on Saturday until the end of the year.   I'm calling these post ....... Saturday Sweet Treats ..... and will feature some type of Sweet Treat packaging idea.  These Saturday projects will be some form of a YUMMY Sweet Treat packaging ..... That you will want to create during the upcoming holidays.  Here is what I created to kick this new blog posting off.
This sweet little treat box holds a YUMMY Moon Pie cake.
The box is created with a 8" x 4-3/4" piece of White cardstock.  With the 4-3/4" side at the top of your 'Simply Score Board' ...... score at 1" both sides.  Then turn your cardstock and score the other side at 1" 3-1/2", 4-1/2" and 7".  I used the 'Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper' and those pieces were 2-1/2" x 2-1/4" for the top ..... And two pieces that are 3/4" x 2-1/2" and two pieces that are 3/4" x 2-1/4".
After I decorated the top and sides of my Sweet Treat Box ..... I used my (retired) 1" Circle Punch on the front panel and this created a thumb slot ...... Making the opening of this box so much easier.
I designed this box so a "Moon Pie" treat (from the Dollar Store) fits PERFECTLY inside.  There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room to this box ..... making the fit PERFECT.
And here's a picture of what the "Moon Pie" treat looks like.
All that was left to do was wrap some 'Gold Satin Edged Ribbon' around my treat box and tie it up into a PRETTY bow.  I used my 'Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends' to color in that ribbon.  And my tag was created from the 'Cottage Wreaths' set and the 'Tailor Made Tags Dies'.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Spotlight Sunday creation with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment