Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Thanksgiving Folio

 Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is '3D/CASE IT TUESDAY'.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project that I created and will be sharing that with you today.  This project was SUPER FUN to create and I want to jump right in and share that project with you now.
The folio portion of this project is a 10" x 8-1/2" piece of Thick White card stock.  It is scored on the long side at 4-1/2" and 5-1/2" (this creates the spin).  And on the short side it is scored at 2" and 2-1/2" (this creates the flap up pocket of my folio).
I decorated the front, back and side of my folio with Early Espresso card stock.  The front and back panels measure 4" x 5-1/2".  The spin uses several layers and those measure 5-1/2" x 7/8" and get layered down 1/4" from those measurements.
The Belly Band was made with a 12" x 2-1/4" piece of Thick White card stock.  I didn't score the belly band......but wrapped it around my completed holder and formed the lines.
Here's a down and dirty look at the back of my folio.
The Belly Band slides right off the top of my folio......
Here's a closer look at the Belly Band.
The inside of the folio holds two pockets.......
And a total of four cards and coordinating envelopes fit perfectly into those pockets.
The inside pockets are the flap up section of the folio (you cut away the center spin section to create the pockets) and then you add two 2" x 1" side flaps for each pocket.  These 2x1 white pieces are scored at 1/2" on both ends and secured to the flap up section to create an enclosed pocket for your four cards to sit in.
And here are the two cards I created.
All four cards are 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".  Each card has a panel of card stock and Designer Series Paper decorating the front.
The four envelopes are decorated with a panel of Designer Series Paper on the front.
So there you have it friends......A pretty quick and easy folio to make this fall season.
So what do you think?????
This to me would be the PERFECT gift to take to your host or hostess this Thanksgiving holiday.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable card holder. These make such great gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to make a few of these to take back to Wisconsin with me when I go during the Thanksgiving Holiday. Thanks my friend.

      Delete
  2. I was not prepared for all of this wonderfulness. As I was scrolling through this post, I was certain we wouldn't see what's inside, but it got better and better. INCREDIBLE project, Kadie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brian.....You are just TOO KIND to me. So glad you liked my project.

      Delete