Friday, June 16, 2023

Flip UP and Fold OUT Fold

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Fun Fold Friday and that means I have a special little Fun Fold card to share with you. Let's kick off this Fun Fold Friday share right now.........
I spotted this SO FUN layout shared by Heidi Collins about 4-months ago and knew I HAD TO TRY IT.  Talk about SUPER EASY.  Here is a link to her step-by-step video on how to create one of these cards: (448) Stamp with Me: Make an Easy Handmade Card with an Envelope Fun Fold - YouTube
It starts off with a Moody Mauve base card that is 5-1/2" x 4-1/4".  Next, I took a White panel that was 10-1/2" x 4" and scored that at 2-5/8" and 7-7/8".  (This forms the gate fold center section of your card.)  I added a 5" x 5-1/4" panel of the 'Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series Paper' that was scored at 1" (with the 5" side at the top of your Scoring Board).  The DSP has some additional folding needed ..... (So, best to watch Heidi's video for those details) and that DSP piece was added behind the center White panel and that was then added to the front of my base card.
I added a pretty "Good Luck" sentiment on the top of my DSP ..... and that was stamped using the 'Charming Sentiment' set.  And I also added some 'Wild Wheat Ribbon' behind my White panel so it would be the closure for my card.
When you untie the ribbon ......everything starts flipping up and out.
Here is the center gate fold section of my card.  I used the same 'Charming Sentiment' set for the inside.
And here is how the card looks when it is completly open.  I did add some additional Moody Mauve panels to my gate fold sections ...... And added a 1/2" piece of the 'Fresh as a Daisy DSP' to the bottom of each cardstock panel.
This makes for a real WOW kind of card......
And it comes together SUPER FAST.
Hope you have fun making these!!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to begin sharing a special new Sweet Treat Saturday release with you ........Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fun fold card this is. I've never seen one like this before!! Very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked my fun fold card for this week. Thanks my friend.

      Delete