Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Ceramic Pumpkins

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is '3D TUESDAY'.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project that I found on the internet ....... And I created a CASE of that project to share with you today.  This project was SUPER FUN to create and I want to jump right in and share that project with you now.
I was looking around on Pinterest (don't you just love this site???), and I was looking to create something special for my neighbors for Halloween.  I found a post that used small Terra Cotta pots and they created some ADORABLE pumpkin faces with them.  Well of course......I just had to put my own spin on this idea and came up with this CUTE little pumpkin treat holder.
I started out by spray painting my little Terra Cotta Pots and Trays with several coats of Orange Spray Paint.  Let me tell you something friends......It took SEVERAL coats to get these little puppies covered.  And even though I did do this project outside.....I have to admit.....I think I was a tad bit loopy with all the fumes by the time I was done.
I left them outside for a couple days to dry and then brought them inside and got busy with my Cricut Machine and some black vinyl.  I was able to cut out these SPOOKY Jack-o-Lantern faces and just couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.
I found some small wooden stumps at the Dollar Store and painted each with some brown paint.  I hot glued each stump to the top of my Tray piece and then used some 'Linen Thread' and Old Olive cardstock to decorate each stump.
And what was going inside each pumpkin.......
The PERFECT Halloween treat.......Candy Corn.
And here are my pumpkins all wrapped up and ready to deliver to my neighbors and friends.
So what do you think my friends......
I have mine displayed in my stamping studio.....
And I must admit.....I've eaten all the Candy Corn already!!!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. This is too cute. Love how the little wooden stumps complete the jack-o-lantern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I'm so happy with the way this little guys turned out.

      Delete
  2. How super-fun are these?!I love how the linen thread and cardstock wisps add so much to dress up these cuties.

    ReplyDelete