Sunday, December 05, 2021

Twoie's 2021 Advent Calendar Countdown

       Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends
To say I had a FABULOUS DAY yesterday would be UNDER STATED.  I met up with Susan Wormley for coffee.   Susan is part of my InkBig Stampin' UP! group and an adopted member of my Kadie's Ladies group.  Then I drove out to my daughter's house and spent the entire day with her.  
First, was a road trip to MANY Craft Fairs around the Madison area.  
Then we stopped at Lazy Janes to pick up some OH SO YUMMY Scones.
Then ...... we took a lunch break and stopped at Culver's.  There is no place that serves up Culver's like Wisconsin.  It was DELISH!!!!!  Cheryl was good and ate a salad........And ME........Well, I indulged and had one of their burger's.  And it was GOOD!!!!!!
Next, we went on a wild goose chase looking for advent calendars.  I guess I didn't realize how much of a "tradition" (according to Hailey) the kids look at this portion of the holidays.
 
We ended up at Cheryl's house and Kris and the boys tried out a science experiment that was a BUST!!!!
But, they built a fire in the pit and had fun throwing Axes at the board that Kris built and warming up by the fire.  And YES there was adult supervision while this was all going on!
And Cheryl was SO SWEET to make me a homemade lasagna dinner.  It was DELISH!!!
I ended the day by stopping by the Olin Park Holiday of Lights and doing a quick drive thru.  It was FABULOUS!
And here's my FAVORITE holiday light decorations.  It's tradition to have some type of Bucky Badger shining BRIGHT in this tour.

My blog post for today is KICKING OFF the "30-Day Countdown to Christmas".   This countdown will include a new card or project I created for Christmas this year........And here is Day 10 of my "30-Day Countdown to Christmas"............
Every year ....... I create a keepsake advent calendar for my Twoie Boy ....... It's a special little keepsake that he enjoys all year long.  This year ....... I'm using one of the Stampin' UP! copper tins to create my keepsake.
While I'm back in Wisconsin in November ....... I use the Stampin' UP! Advent Calendar box that we had a few years ago........And fill each box with a YUMMY candy treat.  On December 1st......Twoie gets to open one of the boxes each day ........ Until December 25th.  My daughter captures him opening that particular day and forwards me that picture.  I then turn that picture into a day on his advent calendar keepsake.
I covered the Copper Tin with some of my FAVORITE holiday Designer Series Paper ...... The 'Heartwarming Hugs DSP'.
And on the inside ....... I have created little cards that can capture each day of Twoie opening this calendar.
I have a Sprocket Printer and these cards are designed just for that size print.
Each card has the day and number die-cut at the top and plenty of room on the back for me to journal a special little message to Twoie.
I used very traditional colors for this Advent Calendar Countdown project.  Lots of Red and Green!
And here's a little view of how the entire month looks.
Can't wait to get this project loaded with all his CUTE pictures and sent it off to him after Christmas.  So what do you think my friends.......Anyone else do traditions like this????

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share another '30-Day Countdown to Christmas' creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a unique Advent calendar. I love how creative it is. It's refreshing to see something new and different. And imagine how nice it will still look next year being protected in the adorable tin.

    The Christmas lights display looks like fun. There's one up in Duluth called "Bentleyville Tour of Lights" that is spectacular! Isn't it fun when cities do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Wanda for your sweet comment. I've been making advent calendar keepsakes for the kids for years........But this year I think I knocked it out of the park. Know Twoie will treasure this for years to come.

      Delete