Wednesday, January 12, 2022

You Are One Of A Kind

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Wine-Down Wednesday.  My middle of the week card feature for today will hopefully offer you some inspiration and provide you with some motivation to keep you moving through your busy week.  Let's jump right in with my card share for today........
Normally ..... my cards are playful and fun ...... and it's not too often that go with a more serious and elegant feel ....... but my card for today hit both of those marks.  I'm super happy with the way it turned out ....... And can't wait to try this technqiue with other Stampin' UP! Designer Series Paper.
I started with a Evening Evergreen base card and cropped out another panel of that same color cardstock that measured 2-1/4" x 4-3/4".   That small panel was what I was going to lay my 1/2" x 5" strips of 'Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper' across.
I started in the upper left-hand corner and adhered each of my 1/2" strips across the front of that cardstock panel.  I was going in an upward direction and stacking each 1/2" DSP panel directly under the one before.  I used my Paper Snips to chop off all the excess pieces of Designer Series Paper that was hanging over and ended up with a pretty 2-1/4" x 4-3/4" DSP panel.
Before I adhered down this completed DSP panel ...... I wrapped some 'Gold 1/4" Shimmer Ribbon' around that DSP panel and tied it up into a pretty bow in the front.
My sentiment is from the 'Slim Sayings' set and I used VersaMark and White Embossing Powder to get that completed.
The finishing touch was adding some 'Brushed Brass Butterflies' to the front of my card ...... And this card was called DONE!!!  What do you think my friends???

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Tag Thursday creation to share with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

6 comments:

  1. Love the evergreen card base. So rich with the floral pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Can't wait to try this technique out with some happy pink colors.

      Delete
  2. SO pretty. What a perfect way to use those little scraps of DSP. I love the color of your card too. I'm excited to give this technique a try! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda.....And Lordy knows.....we have LOTS of scrap DSP in our stash.

      Delete
  3. How gorgeous are these strips of paper?! I love them against that rich background. Great card! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I'm so happy with the way this card turned out.....Will be making another with some fun happy colors.

      Delete