Monday, July 10, 2023

Happy Birthday Upgrade

 Happy Monday My Blogger Friends! 
Today is Mix-It-UP! Monday, and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ..... But I changed things up to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here's my Spotlight Sunday card from yesterday on the TOP....
And my Mix-It-UP! Monday upgraded card for today on the BOTTOM....
The first upgrade I made for my card today was changing the way my card opened.  I decided to create a pocket style card.
I started with a piece of Fresh Fressia that was 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and is scored at 4-1/4".  To create the pocket for my card ..... I measured down 2-1/8" on the right-hand side of my card and cut from the mark to the center fold of my card.  This created the diagonal for my card.  I added 'Tear n' Tape to the right-hand side and bottom of my card and secured it closed.
I added a panel of Black cardstock and a panel of 'Delightfully Eclectic Designer Series Paper' to the front of my card.
Before I adhered my front panel down ..... I wrapped some 'Black & White Gingham Ribbon' around the center and tied it up into a pretty bow.  My sentiment piece is from the 'Go To Greetings' set and that is stamped onto a banner flag piece that was die-cut using the 'Stylish Shapes Dies'.
And here is the insert I tucked inside the pocket.
It's a Black cardstock piece that measures 5" x 3-3/4" and has a 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" White panel added to the top.  I also added a 3/4" piece of the same Designer Series Paper to the bottom.
I did topped off my pocket piece with a pull tab made from the 'Black & White Gingham Ribbon' ..... And fussy cut one of the flowers from the same Designer Series Paper and popped that to the top right-hand corner.
My sentiment for the inside of my card is from the 'Pansy Patch' stamp set.
So, what do you think my friends....
Do you have a favorite???

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Great upgrade. Adding that flower made a huge difference on a card that I thought was great to begin with!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete