Monday, June 06, 2022

Start Something New Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends! 
Today is Mix-It-UP! Monday, and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ..... But I added a couple additional products found in the 2022-2023 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here's my Spotlight Sunday card from yesterday on the TOP....
And my Mix-It-UP! Monday upgraded card for today on the BOTTOM....
The first upgrade I made to my card for today was changing the layout of my card to a FUN FOLD style card.  This meant ...... my base card was a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Sweet Sorbet panel and to that I added a White panel that measured 5-1/4" x 7".  That white piece was scored at 4".
I added a Flirty Flamingo panel to the top of that white panel and used the same 'Fern Embossing Folder' on that Flirty Flamingo panel.  This created some fun texture to the top of my white scored panel.
I did add a Sweet Sorbet fold out panel to the front of my card ..... and that panel measured 3-3/4" x 4-1/4" and it was scored at 1/2".  This 1/2" scored section allowed me to adhere it behind my White fold out center panel ...... Thus creating a fun fold out panel on the front of my card.
Here's how that additional Sweet Sorbet panel folds out.
And  here's how the two panels fold out on the front of my card.
I added some pretty 'Glittered 3/8" Organdy Ribbon' around my card to act as the closure.  And I used my Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Blends to change the original color of that ribbon.
My sentiment was created using the same 'Flowering Tulips' set and the 'Stylish Shapes and Frame Seasonal Label Dies'.

And I added two 'Elegant Faceted Gems' (that were colored in with my Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Blends) to the front of my sentiment.
So, there you have it my friends.....
Do you have a favorite???

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are amazing. However, I love the touch of ribbon and cute closure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I am thrilled with the way the upgrade turned out.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the upgrade. And a fun fold too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and a super-fun fold! I studied that ribbon and tried to figure out where it came from - I learned the answer from your post, but I didn't get there on my own. Fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete