Saturday, March 27, 2021

Thinking of You

 Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Paper Pumpkin Saturday ........... And I would like to share with you my last alternate card project I created using the February Bouquet of Hope Paper Pumpkin kit.   Here's that project.......
I'm pleased with the color combination and design of this card .......... However, I am not so happy to see how trying to color the twine was a bit of a DISASTER!!!!  Wanting to keep it real.......I'm going to share with you WHAT NOT TO DO......And that will hopefully help you re-create this card without the ink smearing issues.
The first thing I did was add a layer of Early Espresso and White card stock to the front of my Mint Macaron base card.  Next, I took the large "thinking of you" sticker that came with the kit and adhered it to the bottom portion of that White panel.
I then used one of the envelopes that came with this kit and trimmed it down and matted it to a panel of Mint Macaron cardstock and got ready to adhere it to the top of my White panel.  This is when I got myself in some TROUBLE with this card.  Because we don't have an Early Espresso Stampin' Blends ....... I tried to color the Linen Thread with a Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker.  BIG MISTAKE!!!!  Even when I tried to wipe off the excess ink from the Linen Thread......It still ended up smearing off onto the front of my card and seemed to NEVER dry.  YIKES.......LESSON LEARNED!!!!
Just trying to KEEP IT REAL with you my friends.
Next time......I will change my color combination up to Mint Macaron and Soft Suede.  That way I can use my Stampin' Blends to color in the Linen Thread.  

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Spot Light Sunday creation with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. Love the fun shape the designer series paper adds and touch of black baker's twine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shape of this ard is what I LOVE the most. And the Baker's Twine was an EPIC FAIL.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And yes......I did try to change the color of the Baker's Twine to Espresso.....And failed using the Stampin' Write Markers. Lesson learned!

      Delete