Thursday, April 06, 2017

Tag Thursday Friends Bug Tag

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Tag Thursday.  Today, I will feature a tag I created and show you how easy it is to use minimal supplies to create a SUPER PRETTY GIFT TAG.  Now that you have the details for this weeks Tag Thursday ....... Let's jump right in with my tag share for today.
From the moment I saw the stamp set 'Beetles & Bugs' in the Occasions Catalog ...... I knew I wanted it.  I thought of all the different colored bugs I could create and my mind just started racing with ideas.  Now ........ Don't get me wrong ..... Bugs ARE HANDS DOWN - NOT - and I repeat NOT on my list of things I like.  But this stamp set DEFINETLY was!!!!!
I started out by stamping a row of bugs to the top and bottom portion of my 2" x 4-1/4" Whisper White tag.  I used five different Stampin' UP! colors........Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz and Calypso Coral.  I stamped the outline of the body first in full strength ink and then I stamped off with the same ink and filled in the body for each bug.  This gave my row of bugs a two tone look.
My sentiment was stamped from the "Special Reason' stamp set ...... And I used Tip Top Taupe ink to stamp my sentiment.
For my sentiment hexagon message ..... I used the 'Scenic Sayings' stamp set and I used clear embossing powder to give it a fun little shine.
All that was left to do was top my tag off with some Tip Top Taupe 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon and I tied it all up with a pretty Linen Thread bow.
And that's all it took to bring this fun little gift tag together.  Just think of the endless possibilities you have with a couple different ink pads and all the bugs in this special stamp set.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share some Friends Friday creations with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: