Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Lantern Mailbox Gift

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is 'CASE IT TUESDAY'.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project that I found on the internet ....... And I created a CASE of that project to share with you today.  This project was SUPER FUN to create and I want to jump right in and share that project with you now.
I have to admit ...... The minute I saw the 'Patriotic Holiday Luminary' post that Nicolle Belesimo shared (back in July 2021) ....... I kind-of SQUEALED (alittle) and then knew IMMEDIATELY that I was going to make these for my neighbors 4th of July mailbox gift.  
Here is the link to Nicolle's post:  3D Thursday: Patriotic Holiday Luminary | Ellocin Designs
I did shrink down the size of the original lumiary that Nicolle shared ....... But kept the design the same.  My base box is a 4" x 10-1/2" piece of Real Red cardstock.  That is scored at 2-1/2", 5", 7-1/2" and 10".
The top and bottom lids measure 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" and are both scored at 1/2" on all four sides.
And the vellum window pieces are 4" x 2-1/2".
All it takes after creating these is to drop a t-light (battery operated) into the center.....
And WOW.......
You have a little luminary all ready to display.
So, what do you think my friends.....
Aren't these just the CUTIEST!!!
I know my neighbors will LOVE 'EM!!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

6 comments:

  1. "Squeal" is right. These are festive and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't be happier with the way my version turned out. My neighbors LOVED 'EM! Thanks my friend.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE how these turned out and what a great mailbox gift!!! I want to try this with the new Christmas sets I ordered! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda. I think your idea of making these for the Christmas Holidays is PERFECT! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Love this! Such a great project, Kadie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. After resizing and figuring out the measurements for a tiny smaller version.....These were a SNAP to create.

      Delete