Monday, April 16, 2018

Stain Glass Butterfly Upgrade

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products (found in both the 2018 Occasions Catalog and the 2017-2018 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here is my Spot Light Sunday card on the LEFT....
And my Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the RIGHT.....
Today's card got upgraded with both Designer Series Paper and some pretty Embossing Powder.
To start this card out......I added two thin panels of the 'Petal Passion Designer Series Paper' to the left and right hand edge of my Whisper White base card.
Next, I stamped my butterfly with Black Craft Ink and then sprinkled 'Clear Embossing Powder' over the image and heat set it.  The embossing powder added such a shiny look to this butterfly ...... that my next step worked out perfectly for my stamped image.
The next step was using my 'Stampin' Blends' to color in the butterfly ....... and I have to say that by the time I was finished ....... My butterfly image looked like it was going to flutter right off my card.
For my sentiment ..... I stamped that with VermaMark ink onto a panel of Basic Black cardstock ...... And used White Embossing Powder to give my sentiment a crisp and bold look.
To finish off this card ....... I used the 'Flirty Flamingo Baker's Twine' and tied up a pretty double loop bow that just added a touch of softness that I was going for.
So there you have it friends.......
Two great looking cards......Do you have a favorite????
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment