Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Treats from Kris and Debbie

Happy Halloween My Blogger Friends.......I hope you have some AMAZING and SPOOKY plans for today!  I have plans to head up to the Ranch with my BFF to spend the afternoon scrapbooking.  It's always FUN and PRODUCTIVE when I head up to the Ranch to play. 

Today's share is going to be two projects that my girlfriends Kris and Debbie shared with me.....Hang on to your hats friends.....these little projects though small.....Packed a BIG punch for this old gal.
First up is the cello bag treat holder that my girlfriend Kris made for me.  OH MY GOSH....Kris always amazes me with all the details she puts into her projects.....and here is yet another example of the detail that Kris put into her work.  First up.....Kris showed me how you fold a piece of 1"x8" computer paper in half (on the 1" side) and that allows you to slide the computer paper into your cello bag and your candy corn pieces can then be stacked up onto your computer paper and slide into your cello bag........allowing you to not have to touch your candy and the candy corn also stays stacked perfectly as you slide it into your bag.  OH HOW SMART ARE YOU KRIS!
So I have to tell you....that tip alone was well worth my time.......
But what Kris did next was show me how your cello bag doesn't need to have a second
scallop circle punched out for the back of your project (which is what I was doing)......
All you need to do is simple fold over and down your cello bag closure
and this will secure it closed......and then you adhere your scallop circle over the cello bag
and you end up with a nice clean closed cello bag gift.

Sometimes we SERIOUSLY make things WAY MORE COMPLICATED than they need to be. 
I was doing just that ..... and with the help of Kris.....
I was able to complete the cello bag gifts I was making for one of my grandkids in NO TIME! 
MANY THANKS Kris for sharing your amazing little tip with me.
I just fell in love with this Just Right Stamp that Kris used for my Candy Corn Cello Bag project....
It just makes me smile and colors are nothing less than SPOT ON!
Many Thanks Kris for making my ADORABLE Candy Corn Cello Bag Treat.........
Mine of course has a happy home in my studio on my upper cabinets.
And my other Halloween Treat came from my girlfriend Debbie......I seriously SQUEALED when she placed this little baby in my hands.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this little project.
First of all.....I bought this new SU set and would have probably NEVER thought of stamping it on WaterColor Paper and then coloring it in.....BRILLIANT.  But to make a triangle candy holder is BEYOND BRILLIANT.....This is seriously going to be one of those projects that I have to STEAL and use for one of my grandkids holiday projects.  I fell in love with this project.
Debbie stacked Skittles into one of the new Stampin' UP! cello bags and then wrapped a 4-1/4"x3" piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock (scored at 1" and 2") around the cello bag forming a triangle shaped wrapper.  AGAIN...isn't this just BRILLIANT!
The image was stamped on a piece of 1"x4-1/4" piece of WaterColor Paper and
colored in with a watercolor brush.  The look is shabby chic and spooky all wrapped up together.  AWESOME AWESOME PROJECT DEBBIE! 
This is seriously going to be one of those projects that I be making for my grandkids classmates.
Many thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share the fun little
Halloween treats that I deliveried to my SaddleBrooke Girfriends early this morning...........
Hope you can swing back and join me.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN .... You'All!

Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: