Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October Stamp Club

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends......I'm soooo glad that you joined me today.  Today I will be attending my FU (Fabulously Unique) Stampers Group and I just can't wait to see these three ladies!  Our group hasn't gathered since two of the gals left to head back to cooler weather for the summer.  SO....today is a big big day! (I'll be sharing what we make today with you later this week)

Today's share is the fun little card my Stamp Club gals made on October 15th. 
Let me explain........
This little 3"x3" skull card was inspired by a fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrator Lynn Pratt.  She shared this amazing creation on her blog http://stampndesign.blogspot.com/ and I just knew that my Club Gals would seriously get a kick out of making this skull - and mainly because MANY of them had ordered the "Blossom Petals Builder" (P213) punch from previous months. 
AND YES.......you seriosuly heard that right......
The skull was created using the Blossom Petals Builder Punch!
To create the skull you use the largerest flower from the "Blossom Petals Builder" (P213) punch and the bones came from the "Modern Label" (P209) punch.  For the skull you free hand a skull image within the largest flower petal (adding eyes and a nose to the lower portion of your image with a Craft Blade).  And for the Bones - all you need to do is round off the pointed ends of the Modern Label Punch and scoop in the long sides just a touch. 
Is this not SIMPLY BRILLIANT!
Here's the inside of our card.  We used the "Extra-Large Oval" (P212) punch and added the "Modern Label" (P209) punch on top.  The sentiment is from the "Howl-o-ween Creeps" (P11-Mini) stamp set.....and oh how fitting is that sentiment.......HOWL-O...........
I just love how this fun little card turned out....and MANY THANKS to Lynn Pratt for her amazing and creative idea.  I'll be back tomorrow to share the fun little card we made at our October Stamp Club - Hope you can schedule some time to come back and join me. 
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, and as a Canadian, it kinda reminds me of a hockey goalie mask.

    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete