Saturday, October 08, 2011

Christmas Cards - Class Style

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends and today.....I have a FAST little post before I head up to Mesa with my girlfriends to SHOP!  I had taken a class at my local scrapbooking store a week ago and we made some fabulous 3-D Christmas cards that I want to share with you today.  Let's get started......
Here's a group shot of all four cards that we made......Today we will be spotlighting the snowman card.  And because I normally use Stampin' UP! cardstock and DSP - please forgive me for not being able to give you the manufacturer of the DSP we used to create my four Christmas cards from this class.  If you want to recreate these cards......I say substitute what you have in your stash to create all four of these cards.
The first thing we did for this super fun snowman card was glitter up some white cardstock with a super-fine glitter and while we were waiting for the glue to dry - we began creating our snowman card.......
Our instructor had used the Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge to create her snowman pieces and snowflakes.  This little snowflake embellishment was created with a glittered up snowflake - some gingham ribbon and a red button.  We tied it all together with some bakers twine and a glue dot.
Our snowman sat on a curved layered panel of DSP and some super wide Rick-Rack.  We frayed the ends of our rick-rack to give it a fun vintage look.
We embellished our snowman and adhered him to the left hand side of our card.  SI think this is a SUPER CUTE Card and will surely make someone SMILE BIG when they receive it.

I'm off to Mesa with my girlfriends - I'll be back tomorrow to post my second Christmas card creations......Hope you can join me.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. wow so much talent. such a handsome snowman! hope you had a marvelous time shopping. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete