Thursday, October 27, 2011

October Stamp Club Day Two

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends and thanks for joining me today.  My card for today is the special fold card we made at our October 15th Stamp Club.  My card was CASE'd from a fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrator Dawn Griffin.  She made this awesome folded card on her blog http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net/ and after seeing it, I just knew it was something I would want to share with my Club gals.  Let me share it now with you.....
We started out with a 5-1/2" x 10-3/4" Basic Gray card stock.  We scored this piece at 3-1/2" and 7-1/8".  We then used the 1-3/8" Square Punch (P.212) and punched the first square into the 3-1/2" scored section and another on the opposite scored section (7-1/8").
Because the square hole punch will not punch through three thickness of cardstock - you will need to layer your Black cardstock (cut at 2-1/2" x 5-1/2") and the Pick Your Poison DSP ( 2" x 5-1/2") and punch out your 1-3/8" square punch one at a time before adding your next layer.  You will also want to save your black 1-3/8" punched out square and that will be what you mount the "Spooky Bingo Bits" (P. 25) Spooky and Boo message onto.
We added a piece of "Black Taffeta Ribbon" (P.195) around the front panel of our card and added a "Happy Halloween" message from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" (P.157) which was punched out with the "Word Window Punch" (P.209) and then we mounted that onto the "Modern Label Punch" (P.209) in Basic Black.

This was an amazingly FUN and quick card to put together and it mails perfectly in an A2 envelope.
I think this is one of those card layouts that would be PERFECT as a Christmas card and by using the "Jolly Bingo Bits" (P.40) this card would come together with endless possibilities!

Many THANKS for Dawn Griffin for this AWESOME creation! 

I'll be back tomorrow to share my final Stamp Club creation with you. 
It's a little Shabby Chic projects that HUNDREDS of blogs and fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrators are out there creating.  My Club Gals had a BLAST creating their final project and I hope you can swing back sometime tomorrow to check out what my Club Gals made.

Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: