Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CraftJunkieToo Halloween Treats

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends and WELCOME if this is your first time visiting my blog.  Today, Tracy at CraftJunkieToo (http://CraftJunkieToo.blogspot.com) asked her Design Team Members (that would be ME!) to create a treat...goody bag...etc that could be produced relatively easy for maybe a classroom style treat. 

WELL.....let me tell you....this challenge is right up my alley.  I have SEVEN grandkids that I make holiday treats for and they hand these treats out to their fellow classmates around the holidays.  With Halloween coming up - I've been busy busy busy creating SEVEN different Halloween treats to send to each of them.  So today - I will be sharing one of those Halloween Treats with you and hopefully, you will be able to return back to my blog over the next couple of days to see the rest of the six treats I created and become a regular viewer!  Let's get this SPOOKY LITTLE POST started.........
The Halloween Treat I would like to share with you today is something created especially for my grandson in California.  His school does not allow any food treats to be brought in (lots of issues with allergies at his school and to keep things from going TERRIBLY WRONG - candy/food treats are OUT).  SO.....I needed to create a non-food treat for his class.  What better project to create than a bookmark?
I grabbed my new Stampin' UP! set "Festive and Fun" (page 38-mini catalog), along with some ribbon - markers and adhesive and began assembling my bookmarks.
Becasuse I was digging into my stash of retired and non-SU paper.....I was able to create some pretty amazing color combinations for my bookmark topper.  I used the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch and the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (both on page 210) and I punched a hole with my "Crop-A-Dile" (page 207) using the 3/16" hole punch and threaded my ribbon through all the layers to create a fun ribbon pull for my bookmark.
The fun really got under-way when I began coloring my "Happy Halloween" stamped image.  Each bookmark turned out just a little different from the next one.  I have to say....this was the funniest part of this project.
Here's my measurements for my bookmark pieces:
Whisper White = 5-1/2"x 1-1/4"
Pumpkin Pie = 5-5/8" x 1-3/8"
Basic Black = 5-3/4" x 1-5/8"
I hope you can come back tomorrow to see more Halloween Treats that I've created.  I plan to share (over the next six days......) the other six Halloween Treats that I made for each of my grandkids so please plan to come back to check out the fabulous Halloween Treats that I made.  

THANKS for stopping by today and please make sure you hop on over to http://CraftJunkieToo.blogspot.com to see what the rest of the Design Team members made for their treat holders! Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kadie!! I love these bookmarks. What a job to create for so many classrooms! I thought making my treats for two classrooms was bad enough. :)

    Terrific job,
    Hugs, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she comes up with the perfect no allergy, no calorie "treat!" hugs, m

    ReplyDelete