Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Di GIbbs Christmas Card Class - Part Four

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends and THANKS for joining me today.  It's my last day of Di Gibbs 10/10/20 Christmas Card Class so.......Let's jump right in.
Here's one last look at all the cards we made during Di Gibbs Christmas Card Class a few weeks ago.  I have to say that this is one of those card classes that after we completed our cards-I walked away and and said........I LOVE ALL of these cards.  Di has an amazing eye for color - and she (along with my BFF Jan) are two of the BEST when it comes to coloring. Her shading and placement of color is just so UNBELIEVABLE!
Okay.......first card up is one of those cards that when I first saw it I thought.....UHM....not sure that I like this card.......BUT TRUST ME.....by the time I was finished - It went from HO-HUM to HOLY BUCKETS!  We started out with Wild Wasabi and Pool Paty and used the "Northern Flurry" Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on the Pool Party piece and topped it off with a strip of "Spice Cake" DSP.
The stamp set is from a real SLEEPER set called "Welcome Christmas" (page 36).  WOW....There are soooo many possibilities to this set.  (This set has totally gone on my "MUST GET LIST" when I place my next Stampin' UP! order)  We stamped the entire tree and family image with Wild Wasabi ......but we only punched out the Mom/Dad and Tree with our "Scallop Circle" punch (page 210).  The WOW came into play when we added the "Stampin Glitter" Dazzling Diamonds (page 201) to the tree......Just that little bit of glitter really changed the whole look of our tree.....UNBELIEVABLE!
But the MAGIC didn't stop there.....Di had us tie a piece of the NEW 3/8" Velvet Stitched Ribbon around our card and added a tiny "Merry" sentiment punched out using the "Jewelry Tag" punch (page 210).  We attached our sentiment using a safety pin from the "Vintagre Trinkets" (page 197) collection.  I went from YIKES....I'm not sure about this cards to......YIKES this is one beautiful card!
And my last card is a gate fold style card.....we used Cherry Cobbler cardstock and ran the front panel through the BigShot using the "Vintage Wallpaper" Textured Impression Embossing Folder (page 219).  We wrapped a piece of "1-1/2 inch Striped Grossgrain Ribbon" around our front panel and adhered our sentiment to the top of that (so a portion of the sentiment hung over the edge of the front panel).
The DSP we used is from the "Letters to Santa" collection and we adhered a panel to the inside of our card.  We still have plenty of room to write a message on the middle panel ...... or ..... we can add a printed sentiment on Whisper White and adhere that to the center of our DSP panel.
And our sentiment is from the "Merry and Type" (page 31) stamp set.  We added a little bit of bling by securing two "Basic Rhinestones"  (page 198) to the brackets of our sentiment.  This card turned out so amazing and have to say that you could use any DSP and any color to make this card just as cute as the one Di designed for our class.
Thanks for joining me today and for allowing me to bring a little bit of Christmas Holidays to you - even though it's only the beginning of October.  Honestly....I'm thinking that I'm going to get a jump on starting my holiday cards for this year....and maybe not waiting till the last minute to get them done.  SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN - I'll keep you posted to how it's going!

I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations....Hope you can join me. 
Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment