Sunday, October 02, 2011

Di Gibbs Christmas Card Class - Part One

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends and today I will be sharing three of the cards I made at Di Gibbs 10/10/20 Christmas Card class last weekend.  Let's get started....
Here's a snap shot of all the darling cards we made at the class the Di Gibbs put on up in Mesa.  The cards were made using all new product from the Holiday mini catalog and each card gave us the opportunity to stamp - punch and color with the latest Stampin' UP! product.
The first card up used the new stamp set Christmas Lodge (Page 29).  We used the new Frostwood Lodge DSP (Page 28) for our background paper.......
And we stamped the tree in Garden Green and positioned it in the lower left hand corner of our Whisper White card stock.  We stamped our Merry Christmas sentiment in Real Red ink and punched it out with the oval punch. We stamped a small portion of the Christmas Tree stamp to the outer edge of our oval Merry Christmas tag.  Mine kind of looks like a mistake....but trust me......That green blob is suppose to be there.......
Next up was my favorite card.....We again used the Frostwood Lodge DSP and added a strip of the new 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon between our DSP and Whisper White pieces. 
We used the new Stocking Builder Punch and the Stitched Stockings Stamp Set to create our ADORABLE little stocking.  We dressed the heel and toe of our stocking up with the Frostwood Lodge DSP......Totally CUTE and just screams MERRY CHRISTMAS!
And my last card for today is a quick little card that used the Tasteful Trim BigZ XL Die to create a charming little scallop border across our card.  We ran a piece of Whisper White through the Big Shot using the Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.....and then we added a small piece of Early Espresso 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon to connect the Tasteful Trim piece and the Snow Burst Embossed piece together.
I just love the set Pines & Poinsettias (page 21) and have to say that it was one of those sets that I just passed right by when I was looking through the new mini catalog - but after using it......Found that I love love love this set.  We paired it up with a scalllop circle in Real Red and added a 1-3/8" circle in Garden Green and called this one DONE!  Oh So Lovely and Oh So ready for the holidays.

Many thanks to Di Gibbs for all her hard work at creating these amazing Holiday Cards.....they are perfect and I just can't wait to share the rest of the cards we made in this class.  I'll be back tomorrow to share another three cards with you - Hope you can come back and join me. 
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. my eye goes straight to the little snippet of plaid paper on the stocking. love it! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete