Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Di GIbbs Christmas Card Class - Part Three

Happy Hapy Tuesday My Blogger Friends and today I have some FUN PLANS to play with two of my FAVORITE SaddleBrooke Friends Debbie and Kris.  We are getting together to have an official "PLAY DAY" over at Kris's house. 

So my post today will be a quick post to share with you another couple of cards that I made at Di Gibbs 10/10/20 Christmas Card Class a couple weeks ago.
Here's a re-cap of the 10 cards we made.....the 10 envelopes we received......and the $20 it cost to make these fabulous cards!  Let's get right into the two cards for todays share.......
First up is this ADORABLE snow man from the "Snow Much Fun" (page 35) stamp set.  We used the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP and framed our our snowman using the largest square from the Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die (page 223).
We stamped our sentiment out on Very Vanilla cardstock using StatzOn black ink and made a banner type greeting (complete with a fun flag tails) for the bottom of our card.
Our snowan was stamped with StatzOn onto a small piece of watercolor paper and then we used our inkpads and blender pens to color this jolly little soul in......A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E!
And my last card to share today is a Ooooppppps card that could have gone bad - but totally turned out fine!  We used the stamp set "Christmas Lodge" and we were suppose to stamp the house in Early Espresso and the "Merry Christmas" sentiment in Cherry Cobbler.....WEL......in my RUSH-I reversed my colors. By the time I realized I had reversed the colors - I was already committed and I thought......UHM....It's art (and I kind of liked it that way).....so....I left it just the way I stamped.
We added some Stampin Glitter "Dazzling Diamonds" (page 20) to the snow of our house and even though my house was stamped in Cherry Cobbler.....I seriously think it turned out pretty ROCKIN COOL!......(What........hasn't everyone seen pink snow once or twice in their lifetime?????)
Our Merry Christmas sentiment was made to resemble a banner and the total WOW FACTOR on this card was the thin strip of Whisper White cardstock that was run through the BigShot using the "Perfect Polka Dots" Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (page 219) and then we added a piece of the YUMMY YUMMY "1/2-inch Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon" around the Whisper White strip for an amazing little something something for this card.  We used "Frostwood Lodge" DSP (p28-of the mini catalog) and our layers were Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

Totally love how both of these cards turned out.......These very well might be two of the cards I use for this years' Fisher'/Labadie Holiday Greeting Cards (so act surprise when you open my card up this year!).

I'll be back tomorrow to share with you the last two cards from Di Gibbs 10/10/20 Christmas Card Class - Hope you can come back and join me.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment