Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Mini Treat Bag

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project is SUPER FUN to create and the product is featured in both the 2018-2019 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog and 2018-2019 Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.......
This treat bag was inspired by the very talented Sam at Pootles in the UK.
Our Downline Team Swap for September was to create 10-Holiday Treat Bags and use ribbon in the completion of our bags.  When Sam shared this project on her blog back in June......I knew it would be the perfect bag to make for this challenge.
Here is how to make it.  (I changed the measurements from Sam's bag......So I could make a smaller version for my team)  Start off with a 4-1/4" x 6" piece of 'Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper'.  Score on the long side at 2", 2-3/4", 4-3/4" and 5-1/2".  Then on the short side score at 3/4".  This 3/4" score will be forming the bottom portion of your bag.
The topper flap is a 3" x 2" piece of Old Olive card stock ...... And that is scored in half.  I then used my 'Scallop Tag Topper Punch' to create a pretty edge to my Old Olive flap ...... And adhered that flap piece to my assembled treat bag.
Here is how the bag looks when the Old Olive topper flap section is added and ribbon is wrapped around the entire treat bag.
The ribbon secures the treat bag closed........And a tiny York Peppermint Patty was tucked inside the assembled treat bag.
The sentiment was stamped with the 'Tags & Tidings' set and then cut out using the 'Christmas Tags Thinlits Dies'.
This project came together in a snap........
And it makes for the perfect little holiday treat!!!!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment