Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Snowman Money/Gift Holders

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project is SUPER FUN to create and the product is featured in the 2017-2018 Stampin' UP! Annual catalog.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.......
Check out these SUPER FUN Snowman Money/Gift Holders I made as a special thank you gift for three special friends who helped me with my Saddle-UP! event.
I wanted a special way to say THANK YOU to three special friends who helped me out with my Saddle-UP! event and I knocked this one out of the park (If I do say so myself).  I knew I was giving cash to my two event helpers ....... And I had a gift card for my other helper.  These Thank You Holders worked out perfectly for both money and gift cards.
These Snowman Holders are SUPER EASY to create.  I used a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 2-3/4" x 10-1/2" and scored that piece at  5-1/4". 
I used my Layering Circle Framelits to cut out the top portion of my snowman's head.  (Make sure you DO NOT cut on the fold ..... And that you are die-cutting on the open ended section of your Whisper White piece.)
To create the ear muff band, I used Black cardstock and the same Layering Circle Framelit (that I used to die-cut the Snowman's head) along with one smaller Layering Circle Framelit.  I ran both of those dies through my Big Shot to make the thin circle outline that I used to create the ear muff band. 
I cut that Black die-cut piece in half (save the other half and you can use it for a second Snowman Holder) and adhered it down onto the Whisper White cardstock. 
I then punched out two Black 1" circles and adhered those circles to the ear muff band.
I used a retired Stampin' UP! notch punch to create a slot for either the money or gift card to slide into..........And wrote a special little note to each person. 
All that was left to do was add three 1/2" Black circles for buttons ........ And add a cute little face and my Snowman Holder was done in a jiffy.  To help keep the holder closed ........ I wrapped a piece of 1/4" Cherry Cobbler Double Stitched Ribbon around each Snowman and that acted as a belly band to secure the holder closed.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. Omg MsKadie, sooo darn cute , love him , ♥️
    Hugs Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Frenchie for your sweet comment....I always enjoy hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable . . . right down to the ear muffs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary.....Your comments always make my day!

    ReplyDelete