Tuesday, January 02, 2018

New Year's Eve Cracker

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project is SUPER FUN to create and the product is featured in both the 2018 Stampin' UP! Occasions Catalog and 2017-2018 Annual Stampin' UP! Catalog.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.......
I made these fun New Year's Eve Crackers for some of my close friends, several neighbors, the Starbucks kids and my favorite Basha's grocery store employees.
I used the 'Foil Frenzy Designer Series Paper' and the 'Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper' to create these crackers.  The crackers came together with the help of my 'Envelope Punch Board' and my 'Simply Scoring Board'. 
Each cracker was created with a 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" piece of Designer Series Paper.  I scored on the 6-1/2" side at 1", 1-1/2", 2", 4-1/2", 5" and 5-1/2".  The 4-1/2" side I scored at 1, 2, 3 and 4".
All I needed to do was slip the 6-1/2" side into my Envelope Punch Board and measure my paper over to the 1-1/2" mark and PUNCH & SCORE.  I did this to each fold line and after I finished one side of the paper......I flipped my paper over and did the same 1-1/2" measurement to the other side.
Using the Envelope Punch Board created the fun cut-out section for my cracker.  All I needed to do after I got all the punching done was add Tear n' Tape to the long 1/2" tab and close my cracker up.
The real fun was adding some pretty ribbon to each end of the crackers and adding a fun New Year sentiment to the top of my cracker.  I used the 'Cheers to the Year' stamp set and embossed each sentiment with either Gold, Silver or Copper Embossing Powder.
Just crazy about the way these crackers turned out ......... And needless to say ........ All those who received one were THRILLED!
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. You chose the perfect paper for these festive crackers! Love the foil pattern and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary.......I had as much fun making them as I did giving them away.

    ReplyDelete