Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sympathy Card

Happy Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Want to share a couple pictures of some fun I had this past weekend with my Doll Baby......
 First up......we went to Build-A-Bear and got Brooke a bunny bear that she named "Hoppy".  We have been going out on the Golf Course every night (thanks Karen for letting us borrow your golf cart while the girls are here).....and we have been counting bunnies.  Our top number is 143 - YIKES - and we are trying to reach 150 before the girls leave......
On Sunday, we went over to my stamping friend Maureens house to help prepare the packets she will be using for her September Cards for the Troops Event.  Brooke went along with me to help out.
This is my Doll Baby with my GOOD GOOD friend Opal.  You had the option of wearing your Jammies and Slippers to Maureen's event on Sunday and Opal took complete advantage of dressing for comfort that day.  She had this amazing "old grannie" outfit on and Doll Baby kept asking me if she could have her picture taken with "Grammie Opal".  FABULOUS PIC......(and Opal....know that Brooke keeps talking about her Grammie Opal).
And here is Brooke and Maureen posing with Hoppy.  Maureen always makes her Cards for the Troops event a TRUE PARTY and this past Sunday was no exception.  It was PACKED FULL of Good Times and GREAT Eats.  Thank You Maureen for allowing Brooke and me the opportunity to be part of your fun! (We had a blast!)
Today we have a trip to Bach's Nursery scheduled.  We have lined up some time with the staff at Bach's Nursery to teach Brooke how to create a Cactus Garden.  The staff will work with Brooke to pick out some of her favorite cactus and help her plant a fairytale cactus garden that will be custom designed for Brooke. 
My card share today is from Barbar Phillips.....who is one of my SouthWest Stamper Demonstrator friends.  Here is the beautiful card she created......
Barbara shared this beautiful card with the SW Stampers back in January and with several unexpected deaths here in SaddleBrooke over the last couple of weeks..........I was glad to have this sample to make for two of those friends. 
Barbara used a layout inspiration from Jackie Topa (a fabulous SU Demonstrator!) and she used the pleated ribbon across the bottom portion of her card.....BEAUTIFUL START! 
The Framelits Labels Collection die made a lovely centerpiece for the "Bordering on Romance" stamp set that was inked up and centered within the labels die cutout.  And I love love love all the detail Barbara put into coloring the flowers from this set. 
A beautiful touch was the Textured Impressions Framed Tulips embossing folder that Barbara used to frame out the entire Pretty in Pink cardstock piece. 
I know my girlfriends family members are still in town and I will wait till next week when all the family has left before I make plans to go to lunch or dinner with each of them.  I know this is a difficult time for them and want them to know I'm here to support them in whatever way I can.

Many Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow with more pics of my Doll Baby .......... and I also have another card to share with you that I received from a fellow SW Demonstrator.

Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bunny slippers on the Hoppy. What fun you all are having. COunting rabbits...now I like that. Another fun activity. Can't wait to see your cactus garden, Brooke. You have a very special grandma and grandpa. Hope you get to 150!
    Donna Fritz

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the "doll baby!" soft and pretty card by barbara. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete