Friday, June 01, 2012

Flat Stanley in Arizona

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving -  7 days to go!
ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO FRIENDS!
I received some VERY SAD NEWS from my oldest daughter ....... She and her husband and three children won't be able to make it for their visit (insert SUPER SAD FACE here).  I AM CRUSHED......but trying to understand.  SO......It will be my youngest daughter (minis her husband) and my youngest granddaughter are still on schedule to arrive next Friday.  The way I figure it........They will be SPOILED ROTTEN for their visit and it will give me some quality Mother/Daughter/Granddaughter bonding time together.  I feel so bad that the three grandkids won't be making it ...... but know we are planning a trip back to Wisconsin in August and we will see them at that time (insert super happy face here).

For today's share ....... I have a fun little project that I made for my oldest granddaughter Hailey.  She sent to me a Flat Stanley and asked me to take him on any outings I went to ..... take pictures and return him back to Wisconsin around June 1st.  Here is what I made........
Each of my grandchildren when they reach the 3rd grade ...... send me a Flat Stanley and ask me to take this paper fellow on a three week adventure.  Of course when my oldest granddaughter Hailey asked me to do her Flat Stanley adventure.......I knew immediately that he would be doing his adventures "Arizona Style".  Here is Flat Stanley posing by the album I made for Hailey.
I decided to make a clear envelope album and stacked SEVERAL clear envelopes together and bound it with some craft cardstock and made each of the pages inside the album a SouthWest color (orange, rust, greens and purples).
I started out his album with showing Hailey where Flat Stanley got to rest and sleep while he was at our house.
He also was introduced to Arizona Cactus ...... and of course the Arizona Wildcats! 
Here Flat Stanley is enjoying some time with Pop Pop (Jack) and a fight over the remote control!
 Flat Stanley got to look through our Arizona library ..... and he learned lots about the wildlife (There's a Bobcat in My Backyard), flowers, cactus and insects.
I even took Flat Stanley shopping with four of my girlfriends.  We stopped at McDonalds for a drink and two of my friends (Berta and Sandy) got these yummy Summer Cooler Drinks and Flat Stanley got his picture taken next to Berta's drink.
Of course a visit to NaNa Baby's just wouldn't be complete without some quality time at my pool.
And one of Hailey's favorite things when she came out two years ago to visit was the stack of Walking Sticks we had in the front hallway.  Every time anyone would go for a walk they would grab a walking stick ...... and I knew Hailey would enjoy seeing Flat Stanley with our walking sticks.
These two pages were taken at the cardmaking class that four of my friends and I went to at the Little House in Tucson ...... I had taken Flat Stanley along that day and he was able to get in on the fun.
While Flat Stanley was here visiting we went to the play Mary Poppins with  Jan and Nick ..... so without fail ..... I had the good sense to grab Stanley up and get some pictures of him at the Mary Poppins play (thanks Jan for taking these pictures of Stanley)!
 And one of the final pages is Flat Stanley sitting next to a picture frame I have in my studio with my oldest granddaughter.  I thought it would be cute to have Flat Stanley asking who this was a picture of - and then sharing that with Hailey in Flat Stanley's album.
I also included a special thank you note to Hailey - Just to let her know that our visit with Flat Stanley was fun and thanking her for picking us to have him come and visit.
 Here's another picture of Flat Stanley and his completed album.
 I love the addition of some twine around the binding of his album.  A very Southwest touch!
 The other thing that I did was to make sure each of the pages coordinated with a simple EK Success Chain Punch ....... and by switching up the placement of the chain punch I was able to have that as the single one embellishment I used throughout Flat Stanley's album.
Just know that my granddaughter is going to be very happy with Stanley's album and can't wait to hear from her that she received it.

Many thanks for making it through this long post - wanted to make sure that Flat Stanley got documented and all my family was able to see this fabulous creation.

I'll be back tomorrow to share some Kards by Kadie creations with you ...... Hope you can come back and join me.  Keep Living Your Dream!

6 comments:

  1. Kadie what a wonderful time Stanley had at your house! I can't wait to see if my granddaughter might do a simliar project when she gets into third grade. She turned 6 yesterday.

    Stay cool,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad that all of your grandchildren won't be able to visit but you are right, you will have quality time with the one that visits. How wonderful is your Flat Stanley project. I know your grand daughter and her class will enjoy your awesome storybook. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kadie this is Awesome!!!! I'm so sorry that your grandchildren are not coming. Great projects!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    One of your Blog followers,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I love your book, my great niece in Michigan sent me Flat Stanley, in Arizona. To fun, going to take him to the Casa Grande Ruins, the Ostrich Farm I hope, Tombstone, not too much in this area, have to travel.
    But it's going to be fun. Thank you for some ideas.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS for your sweet comments. I simply ADORE making Flat Stanley book......and sad to say...only one more little to go (Twoie) on this venture. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete