Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kadie's June Club Challenge Project

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Today I will be attending a Fun Shop that my friend Mary Barrios is putting on for the SaddleBrooke Stampers Group.  I will share the projects that we make at Mary's Fun Shop next week.   But for today ..... I have the project I created for my June Club Challenge.  Let's get started.......
My project inspiration came from a gift I received from my good friend Mary Fish.  Mary ALWAYS creates clean - crisp and seriously BEAUTIFUL creations and when we met up for coffee a couple weeks ago......Mary presented me with a pretty purse she had made.  Now to receive a handmade gift from Mary ranks up there with "things I will treasure FOREVER" - and without a doubt......Mary's little purse has found a lovely home in my studio on my bookcase! 

The magic behind Mary's purse was when I opened it up ....... she tucked several little tiny notecards with stamped inspirational words on the inside of each little notecard.  I knew immediately that I would be CASEing Mary's tiny notecard idea for a project of my own........and this little box is a result of Mary's gift to me. 
I started with a 5-/12"x8" piece of Raspberry Ripple cardstock and covered it with some Floral District DSP.  I scored my box on the 8" side at 1", 3-1/2", 4-1/2" and 7".  I then turned my cardstock to the 5-1/2" side and scored it at 1" and 4-1/2".  This created the score lines for my box. 
Once you remove the ribbon belly band you open up the box and on the inside you will find six little notecards tucked in the box.  (The cards measure 1-3/4" x 3".)  I used the "Bitty Banner Framelits" die to stamp each of my inspirational words on the inside of my notecards.....and I decorated the front of each of the cards with a now retired floral punch.
I created two of each notecard and used Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Pumpkin Pie cardstock to create each of my notecards. 
LOVE LOVE LOVE how these little notecards turned out and will find a special little someone to give this box to. 
I added a pretty bow for the top of my box and  stamped a "celebrate" banner and called this one DONE.  By itself this is such a pretty little box - but thanks to my friend Mary Fish.....I was able to PRETTY it up with a special little something something on the inside.  THANK YOU MARY for giving me yet another inspirational piece.

I'll be back tomorrow to share my June SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge card project with you ..... Hope you can join me for that share.
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. No way! You had coffee with The Mary Fish? Aah! Are you a Pretty Pal? I would just faint if I had the chance to shake her hand, let alone sit and enjoy coffee and meet this hero of mine! You are Blessed Kadie! Love love love the mini Pizza Box as always and your adorable "stitched" note cards! Primrose Petals is my new Love!

    ReplyDelete