Friday, June 08, 2012

The BIG DAY has ARRIVED!

HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY MY BLOGGER FRIENDS!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - TODAY IS THE DAY!
The plane will be arriving in Phoenix this morning at 8:50 and I will be FRONT AND CENTER at the end of the walkway just waiting to SCOOP and HUG my daughter and granddaugher the minute I see them.
My share today is a fun little Ice Cream Cone card I created.  Check this cutie out.......
For someone who doesn't like ice cream (YUK!)......I love making these icecream cone cards.  I make them in all different flavors and with the help of my Simply Scored Scoring Tool ....... they come together in a SNAP!
Here's the strawberry version.  I inked the edges of not only my ice cream cone....but also the cone - making it pop and come to life. 
I also went through my stash of retired SU ribbon and found this AWESOME rippled ribbon we sold several years ago.........Looks so pretty tied around the top of this cone.
 Here's the chocolate version.......Have to say.....IF I liked ice cream.....this might be the one I ate.
 Some retired 5/8" grossgrain ribbon makes for the perfect addition to this cone.
 And for those of us who prefer something lighter with less calories......Orange Sherbet - YUM!
 And another retired Su ribbon from my stash.
And a final look at the cone I created ....... I placed my cone base on my Simply Scored Scoring Tool and with the help of the Diagonal Plate ..... I was able to score the cone base every 1/2" to create the diagonal marking to my cone.  I also inked up the edges of my cone base and was able to tie this cutie together in NO TIME.  LOVE LOVE LOVE how this project turned out.

I'm off to go enjoy time with my family and will have the next several days pre-scheduled for your enjoyment (and mine).  Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I'm trying to figure out if the fold is at the top or on the side....hmmmm. How did you do that? Please email me the directions if you have time after your family visit is over. Thanks! d1simonis@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your family! clever "waffle" texture on the cone using your simply scored! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete