Sunday, March 18, 2012

SaddleBrooke Stampers March Challenge Card

Happy Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends.  Today I have my March SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge Card to share with you ...... Let's JUMP right in ......
Every month - My good friend Ann LaPerre hands out to all that want to play a Challenge Card packet to our SaddleBrooke Stamper members.  Last month, she handed out an envelope that contained a piece of wallpaper along with a piece of ribbon and a square piece of peach cardstock.  The sky is the limit on what you want to create ....... and this is the fun card I made with my supplies.
I started out by cutting out my fairy and adhering her to a layer of hearts from the new Stampin' UP! hearts die collection.
I knew I wanted to make a 6"x6" square card (with the peach colored cardstock that Ann had givn to us) and I thought since the size of the card was going to be large - I would create an easel-type card but have the front of the card fold in half on the easel formation of my card.
I needed to create a stopper for my card and knew that another two layers of the heart dies along with the ribbon that was supplied in our Challenge packet was going to work out perfect for my card to rest open.
I punched out a few additional hearts from the Small Stampin' UP! Heart die and scattered them around the bottom of my card.  And I added the smallest pearl to the center of each of those hearts.
I also wanted to incorporate a large Thanks message to the inside of my card - and the Close To My Heart "Thanks" stamp was the perfect size.
I also added some Crystal Effects to my entire Fairy and that gave her just a little touch of sparkle without having to break out the glitter (and we all know how much I am not a fan of glitter).

Love how this challenge card turned out and I would like to extend a BIG THANK YOU to Ann for providing our SaddleBrooke Stampers Club with these wonderful challenge cards each month.  You are so generous to do this and want you to know it is very much appreciated by all the club members.

I'll be back tomorrow to share some St Patty's Day cards I received from some of my Ranch galpals - Hope you can come back and join me for that share.

Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your card! I have a thing for faeries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the angel for the easel card. your fairy looks like sculpture. gawjus! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete