Sunday, March 11, 2012

SaddleBrooke Stampers February Challenge Card

Happy Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends, today I have a quick little share for you.  

My good friend Ann prepares challenge packets each month for our SaddleBrooke Stampers meeting and requests we create something with the contents of the packet.  It is optional if you want to participate in these challenges and for February our packets contained a corner metal brad - a blue butterfly and a vellum quote ..... and here is what I ended up creating...........
I started with a Whisper White A2 card ..... pretty everyday to start with - NO?  Then I added a 1/4" smaller Back to Basic Gray mat ..... and began building all my elements on to that.  I wanted a focal point for my dragonfly to sit upon ...... so I created a Crumb Cake scallop circle that had a piece of  Striped Grossgrain Ribbon behind it and tied off on each end with some linen thread to create a special look to the top of my card.
The corner brad that Ann included in our Challenge packet was added to the lower right hand corner of our vellum saying.  I backed my vellum saying on top of a paint chip sample that I had laying out on my studio desk and the river rock picture was a perfect match for all the earth tones that I had going on my card.
When I added my vellum saying over the river rock paint chip sample ..... well the entire look of my card took on a very earthy feel and I was loving the direction I was going with this card.
I wish I would have distressed my dragonfly with some ink before I adhered him to my scallop circle - but over all ....... I love how the 1-1/4" Striped Grossgrain Ribbon took on a playful look by wrapping some of the linen thread to each side of where the scallop circle rested over the ribbon.  SUPER FUN!
And after I was finished with the front of my card ...... I had a small piece of the river rock paint chip sample - so all I did was mat it to a small piece of gray cardstock and popped that piece right to the inside of my card.  LOVE how that small piece of river rocks totally tied my entire card together.

Thanks for joining me today - we are planning to head up to Mount Lemon today to give my son a day of sight seeing and maybe even get in a hike up at Mt Lemon.  Many thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations with you.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful . . . love the river rock effect. very organic! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kadie . . . the comment above was from me. i was logged into blogger as anne and didn't realize it. oops! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete