Wednesday, March 07, 2012

CraftJunkieToo Spring Share

Happy Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends - and MANY THANKS for joining me today.  It's another CraftJunkieToo Design Team Assignment Share Day today ...... and this share our fearless leader Tracy asked her design team members to make a project that represented Spring ..... Flowers .... New Growth.  We could make a card, scrapbook layout, banner, door hanger ..... WHATEVER we wanted so ..... I picked this little cutie to share with you .......
As many of you know ...... I have seven little grandkids that I make class treats for them to take into their class for the holidays - well ....... It's approaching Easter time and I have to come up with some new treat ideas and knowing that all the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE when I make a candy treat - I had seen this idea SOMEWHERE (long ago) in my blog travels and stashed it into my bag of tricks and pulled it out last week when I was starting my planning process to make the kids their Easter treats. 
 My treat is a flower pot sucker holder and it starts out with a piece of my FAVORITE DSP "Beyond the Garden".  The pot is made from a 6"x2" piece of DSP and scored at 2-3/4" and 3-1/4".  You then cut down your two long sides to create your design for the flower pot shape and make a 1/2" topper section for each side of the top of your flower pot (I used Pacific Point for mine).
I added to silver mini brads to secure the two sides of the flower pot together and all that is left to do is make a large flower for the end of your sucker stick.
I added a tiny square of card stock for the inside of the bottom of my flower pot for my sucker to sit on top of......this helps to give the flower pot some structure and helps the sucker to stand up straight.
Here's a close-up of my flower.  I used the SU "Fancy Flower" and "5-Petal Flower" punch for mine.  I added the smallest flower of the "Boho Blossom" punch to the center of my flower and added a Rhinestone brad to the center of my flower.
I also punched out the "Jewelry Tag" punch and stamped a little 4-You sentiment in the center of the tag ..... and added a tiny piece of the 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Island Indigo to the sucker stick for a little WOW FACTOR to my flower pot.
Plan to make these for at least one of my grandkids classmates for Easter ...... and I just know they are going to be a super big hit and will help me to get through the 175+ of the Easter Treats I'm going to be making for the 7-grandkids classmates.

Now head on over to Tracy's blog at CraftJunkieToo (http://www.craftjunkietoo.com) to see what all the other Design Team Members created for this wonderful Spring Share!

Thanks for joining me today -  I'm off to do some final grocery shopping for my son's arrival tomorrow - He is going to arrive early Thursday morning and stay till next Wednesday morning......I'm looking forward to spending some time with him and having some SERIOUS "Good Times"!  Hope you can come back tomorrow to check out Part Two of the projects we made at Di Gibbs Spring Fling last month.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. VERY cute! They will love these!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flower pot treat holder is genius! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete