Saturday, March 31, 2012

Birthday Gift for Gail

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends and today I want to share the sweet little gift that I made for my dear friend Gail for her birthday this past Thursday.  Check this out.........
I honestly can't take ANY of the credit for either of these gifts ........ They come from my fellow SU Demonstrator Dawn Griffith in Michigan.  Dawn has an AMAZING BLOG that is PACKED FULL of TIPS and VIDEO's that will BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF!  I must warn you ...... Grab a cup of espresso before clicking on this blog link - I promise you - You will want to spend some time watching all the video's that Dawn has on her blog and her daily blog post are FUN and INFORMATIVE at the same time.  She's honestly one of those SU demonstrators that "You Want To Be Like When You Grow Up".  She ROCKS the Stampin' UP! world.  Check this link out: (http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net/)
Well.....onward to today's blog post.  The notecard purse is just a 6x6 scrapbook page protector that the side panel is removed and a 6x6 piece of DSP is added to the inside to create the base of your purse.  Dawn posted this purse on January 20, 2012 and has a video on "How to Make" it at this blog link: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2012/01/6x6-holder-video.html 
The rosettes are made from the "SU Rosettes" die that are just cut down to 1" and 1-1/4" pieces and then folded to create these two DARLING little rosettes which I added to the front of Gails purse.  (I was amazed at how many rosettes I can create from one SU BigZ Rosette die.  All I did was diecut out the one image and then cut it down into smaller stripes to create these two rosettes and still had a small section left over to create two more rosettes for another project!)
 I added four notecards to the inside of my purse ........
 I just added a panel of DSP and a piece of ribbon and called these cards almost done!
To officially call these cards DONE required me to stamp two sentiments below the panel of DSP and then thse cards were officially DONE!
I included a journal and matching RSVP pen to Gails birthday package - but the real gift was the darling Rosette Bookmark that Dawn created on December 23, 2012 on her Dawns Stamping Thought blog (http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net/2011/12/christmas-bookmark-video.html) ....... I just CASED Dawn's creation for the bookmark I made for Gail.
The Rosette was made from the SU Rosette Die....... 
And the DSP was from my non-Stampin' UP! stash.

LOVE LOVE LOVE how this gift came together.  I know Gail enjoyed her gift and I encourage you to visit Dawn's blog to learn how to make both the bookmark (http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net/2011/12/christmas-bookmark-video.html) and the notecard purse (http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2012/01/6x6-holder-video.html). 

MANY THANKS to Dawn for all the amazing projects she has on her blog ....... and I would like to offer up one last Happy Birthday wish to my dear friend Gail.

I'll be back tomorrow to share another birthday surprise with you (I can't tell you who's birthday surprise this is ....... only because ...... it's a SURPRISE.......). Just hoping you can join me tomorrow for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. you amaze me. i love the simplicity of the cards and the wow factor of the rosettes! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete