Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CraftJunkieToo Easter Post

Happy Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends and today I will not be posting my normal Tuesday "Kards to Kadie" section ........ and that is because our fearless leader Tracy over at CraftJunkieToo (http://www.craftjunkietoo.com) has requested her Design Team Members create a 3-D Easter Project to share on her blog.  Here is what I have shared.......
 A 3-D Easter Basket with six hershey nugget bunnies running around it.
SUPER SIMPLE to make ...... I started with a 5-1/2"x5-1/2" piece of retired Yellow and scored it on all four sides at 1-3/4".  That is the base of my box. I then layed my yellow cardstock down and cut two snips on the top two flap and the bottom two flaps up to the center score line.  Then all that was left to do was form a flap on each of the four corners and that was done by simply cutting off 1-1/4" of each flap which left a 1/2" flap in each of the corners - and that was used to secure my box closed.
I punched out qty two 2-1/2" circle (in pale yellow cardstock) to create the four scallop circles that are at the top of my box.  I cut both of those circles in half and scored each of those four circle at 1/2" from the cut line to create a fold that made it simplier to adhere them to the sides of my box.  Each of those four 1/2 circles were attached to the side of my box and I simply snipped the sides to take away some of the bulk from the ends.
My handle was made from a 6" piece of yellow cardstock that was punched out using the Ribbon Border Punch.
I found a cute little bunny stamp from my holiday stamp stash and stamped the bunny face and added him to a hershey nugget that was wrapped with a white avery label and a cotton ball that I added to the other end of my nugget.
This one is Jack's and I will probably make a dozen of these up for the kids. 

This was a SUPER FAST PROJECT that packed a BIG PUNCH.......and I'm hoping that you enjoy my CraftJunkieToo 3-D Easter Project!  Many thanks for joining me today and I hope you can head over to Tracy's blog http://www.craftjunkietoo.com and check out the rest of my fellow Design Team Members to see what super fun 3-D Easter Projects they created. 

I'll be back tomorrow to share a Kards to Kadie creation that a friend and fellow blog follower Kathy made for me.......Hope you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. These are just adorable Kadie! Love them! :)

    Shelley
    Fellow DT member
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. from the chick, to the bunnies to the box . . . delightful. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and adorable basket... and to be filled with nuggets??? How could you loose? Just perfect. :)

    Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete