Wednesday, March 06, 2019

With Sympathy

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Wine-Down Wednesday.  My middle of the week card feature for today will hopefully offer you some inspiration and provide you with some motivation to keep you moving through your busy week.  Let's jump right in with my card share for today........
I must admit......Making a sympathy card is hard and not one of my favorite cards to make.  But when Stampin' UP! provides me with such a beautiful stamp set like the Sale-a-Bration 'Lasting Lily' set ........ It makes creating a lovely sympathy card so much easier.
 
I started out by stamping my lily with Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz ink onto a Whisper White 4-1/4" x 3" panel.
 
The lily and stem stamp perfectly with this photopolymer set.
 
 And the sentiment was also stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink.
The finishing touch was using my 'Highland Heather Blends' on three Pearls ...... And positioned those three colored Pearls in the upper right hand corner of my card.
I must admit.......
I'll be making up more of these Lily card soon.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Tag Thursday creation to share with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards HAVE to be made in advance of needing them. This is beautifully layered with perfect colors and several perfect accents. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Brian. All my heart goes on the inside of my sympathy card anyways. THANKS for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sympathy card. Any tips on how you got such a nice, stamped impression/coverage with the distinktive stamp? I ultimately tapped lightly and built up coverage with my Stamparatus but curious if you have a method. I find the red rubber distinktive stamps are less tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME question my friend. I found that the less ink my pad has on it the better. So I take the back of a spoon and push the ink to one side of the ink pad. Then I tap lightly with my stamp to get good (but light) ink coverage. When I use a new or juicy ink pad…….The results can be a disaster for my image. Hope this helps.

      Delete