Saturday, June 23, 2018

I Love My Husband Card

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Paper Pumpkin Saturday ........... And I would like to share with you the project I created using the May Paper Pumpkin kit.   Here's that project.......
I went COMPLETELY OFF THE GRID when I created this card for my husband.  The biggest leap was changing up the colors for this card.  I switched the colors up from the darker Mossy Meadow & Crumb Cake colors that came with the May kit ........ to this WOW color combination of  bright orange colors.  (And you guessed it......Orange is one of his favorite colors.)
I started out by stamping the sentiment with Calypso Coral ink onto a 1" Whisper White circle.  Then I matted that sentiment with a 1-3/8" Calypso Coral circle.  I used the Whisper White/Silver die-cut piece that came with the May kit ........ to position my layered 'I Love" sentiment onto.  All I needed to do was die-cut two layers of Grapefruit Grove and Calypso Coral 'Layering Circle Framelits' and stack all the pieces together.
Two pretty Rhinestones were added to this sentiment piece ...... And this portion of the card was done!
I grabbed the 2018-2020 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack and selected the Grapefruit Grove striped paper.  I tore the one edge of this Designer Series Paper and adhered it directly down onto my Whisper White card.
 
To complete my sentiment ...... I die-cut the "YOU" from the 'Celebrate You Thinlits' and adhered it onto my Whisper White card.  Then I used the "Husband" stamp that came with the May kit ...... And added that right below the die-cut "YOU".
I'm out of town this weekend at a Scissors and the City Retreat  ....... And I'm leaving this card tucked in the guest bathroom for Jack to find.  Think it will remind him just how much I Love him (even when I'm gone).

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Spot Light Sunday card with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Marvelous in oranges . . . adore the layered sentiment. Hugs to Jack!

    ReplyDelete