Monday, June 11, 2018

Congrats Upgraded Card

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products from the 2018-2019 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
 Here is my Spot Light Sunday card from yesterday on the LEFT......
And my Mix-It-UP! Monday card for today on the RIGHT......
 I'm just crazy about the way this upgraded card turned out.
I started out with a couple additional card stock layers for my card.  I kept the Whisper White card base but layered my Balmy Blue and Whisper White panels with Night of Navy card stock.
I stamped my congratulations sentiment directly onto the Whisper White panel I created to position my flamingo on.......
My flamingo was stamped with the 'Lilypad Lake' set and then die-cut with the coordinating 'Lakeside Framelits Dies'.
And I used the negative space I created with the 3/4" Crushed Curry sun (from yesterday's card) and used my sponge daubers to color in the sun.
Before I adhered down my flamingo to my Whisper White panel ..... I used the water image and created some water background.
I also used my sponge dauber and the Balmy Blue ink to add some cloud images above my flamingo die-cut piece.
The final upgrade for this card was wrapping some of the new 'Medium Night of Navy Baker's Twine' around the bottom of my Night of Navy/Balmy Blue panel and creating a pretty bow in the center of this panel.
 
And that's all it took my friends to upgrade my card for today.  Tell me......Do you have a favorite???

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

1 comment:

  1. That touch of Navy twine steals the show . . . beautiful card, both before and after.

    ReplyDelete