Monday, September 04, 2017

Upgraded Birthday Card

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
Today is Mix It UP! Monday and I have an upgraded version of the card I shared with you yesterday.  I used the exact same product that was used to create yesterday's card ....... but added a couple additional products (found in the 2017-2018 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog) to bring this card up to the next stamping level.
Here is my Spot Light Sunday card on the LEFT.....
And todays Mix-It-UP! Monday card on the RIGHT.....
This card was so much fun to upgrade......
I began by adding a panel of the 'Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper' to the bottom of my Very Vanilla notecard.  I used the same 'Better Together' set and for this card I stamped my sentiment directly onto the Designer Series Paper.  I used Dapper Denim ink and then quickly sprinkled my sentiment with 'Clear Embossing Powder' and heat set it.  LOVE how shiny the sentiment turned out.
Next I added a 1/4" embossed line around the outer edge of my Very Vanilla notecard ....... And I did that with my Simply Scoring Board.
I punched out the two balloons using Dapper Denim and Lemon Lime Twist cardstock with the 'Balloon Bouquet Punch'.  And I added the same Dapper Denim Baker's Twine that I used in my Spot Light Sunday card .......... and the string hanging down gave my two balloons that playful look I was going for.
The final touch for this upgraded card was adding the same Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon that I used in my Spot Light Sunday card ......... and I called this card done.
So there you have it friends.......
Two fun and easy cards that are both perfect......
To send to someone special for their birthday.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a 3-D Tuesday creation with you ...... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

1 comment:

  1. embossing in dapper denim . . . so pretty. i often forget about doing that. lovely change up in the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete