Sunday, September 24, 2017

Remarkable/InkBig September Blog Hop

Remarkable InkBig Blog Hop 
Welcome to the Blog Hop for September 2017. This month our theme is “HALLOWEEN”.  You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog Kards by Kadie or may have come from the person previous to me in the list.  If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.  At the moment you are visiting KARDS BY KADIE. 
My project is a YUMMY bag of Candy Corn.
I prepared my 3"x6" Cello Bag by scoring the bottom of the bag at 2".  This 2" scored section created a pleated bottom, that would allow my bag to sit upright on the table.  I used Glue Dots to secure down that pleated 2" section and this formed the flat bottom for my bag.
Next, I cut a piece of 'Spooky Night' Designer Series Paper that measured 3" x 6-1/4".  I scored that DSP at 2" and added Glue Dots to the bottom of that 2" section.
I carefully insert that DSP into my 3x6 cello bag and secured down the 2" section of the DSP to the bottom of my cello bag.
Here is what my DSP panel looked like when positioned into my cello bag.
I wanted to add a top flap to my cello bag ......... So I cut a piece of DSP that measured 3" x 1-1/2" and scored that piece of DSP at 1/4",  I added some Mono Glue to the 1/4" flap and secured that down onto the top of the DSP panel in my cello bag. 
Here is what the back of my DSP looks like when that 3" x 1-1/2" piece of DSP panel is attached. 
And here's a view of what that 3" x 1-1/2" DSP panel looks like from the front of my cello bag.
The last part of assembling my Candy Corn bag was to create this darling little medallion piece.
I create some black glimmer paper by using Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Paper and the 'Starburst' punch.  I grabbed my Basic Black Archival ink pad and used my Sponge Dauber to ink up the entire surface of my punched Dazzling Diamond Glimmer piece.
All that was left to do was stamp my sentiment with the 'Spooky Cat' set and punched it out with the new 'Everyday Label Punch'.  I then layered my Black Glimmer Starburst piece onto a Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black 'Layering Circle' pieces and adhered all these pieces together to create this darling Halloween medallion.
 
I attached my Halloween medallion to the top flap of my bag with 2-Stampin' Dimensionals.  And then I added a 'Gold Binder Clip' to the top of my bag and finished that clip off with some of the new Black Vintage Crochet Trim.
And the final step was adding some YUMMY Candy Corn to my cello bag and I was able to call this project DONE!
 
Thanks for taking part in our blog hop, there are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you don’t want to miss.  Remember that currently you are at my blog – Kards By Kadie, so check the blog hop line up list below to see who is next in the list.


5 comments:

  1. What a great candy container, Kadie! Thank you for the detailed, pictured instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome directions for an awesome project! Thanks, Kadie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Candy and Su for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to use the cello bag and fun Halloween paper!

    ReplyDelete