Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September Early Bird Gift

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project is SUPER FUN to create and the product is featured in the both the 2017-2018 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog and the 2017 Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.......
When I do my 3rd Wednesday of the month Stamp Camp, I encourage my stamping friends to arrive early for my "Early Bird Drawing".  This not only gets the ladies to my camp on time......but also gives me an opportunity to create a fun 3-D project to give away.  This is the 3-D gift I made for my September Stamp Camp.
So since my September Stamp Camp was based around Halloween ..... I created this fun gift box that held four Halloween note cards.

I made three versions of this notecard holder ........ This is what the first one looked like.
For each holder I started out with a 9" x 11" piece of cardstock.  I scored on the 11" side at 2-1/2 and 4-1/2".  And then I turned my cardstock to the 9" side and positioned my cardstock so the 2-small scored sections were at the top of my scoring board.  I scored at 1/2" down to the 1st score line, then I scored at 2-1/2" all the way to the bottom of my cardstock, next I scored at 6-1/2" all the way to the bottom of my cardstock and my final score was a 8-1/2" and that was scored down to the 1st score line.  I removed the two largest scored panels and then I cut tabs up to the 2-1/2" score line on one side and did the same on the opposite.  These tabs are what I used to assemble my box.
Here are two of the four cards that were tucked inside my first holder.
And this is how the first holder looked when filled up with the notecards.
Here is the second holder that I created......
And two of the four cards that were tucked inside the holder.
And this is how the second holder looked when filled up with the notecards.
And this is the third version I created......
Here are two of the four cards that were tucked inside this holder.
And this is what the two Early Bird Gifts looked like after I packaged them up and made them pretty with some ribbon and baker's twine.  Needless to say ........ The gals who won this Early Bird gift were THRILLED!
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet kitty by the light of the moon. Darling little cards and the perfect "dispenser!" Great gift.

    ReplyDelete