Thursday, December 05, 2013

Gingerbread House Invite

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a special little post to share with you.  It's the invitation I sent to my Grandkids for this years Annual Gingerbread House Decorating Party.  Here's what went out to them......
 
Every year (for the past 12 years.....) I host a gingerbread house decorating party for my grandkids.  Even though I am not able to fly back to Wisconsin this December......I didn't let that stop the tradition.  My daughters are going to carry on the tradition and the PARTY IS SET for December 14th at the "White House".
Each of the kids received an invitation in the mail and included in their invitation is a coloring page copy of the gingerbread house invite.  That coloring page is what they will sit down and color before the party and they will bring their colored page with them and use that as their "ticket" for admission to the party.  This is the inside of their invitation.
 Here's my coloring page for our 12th Annual Gingerbread House Decorating Party!
 I colored my invitation with colorful gumdrops and glossed up candy canes......
And got pretty creative with my two tones of gingerbread color on my house.
I even gave my gingerbread house a fun frosting edge on the roof. 
Each of the kids will bring with them on the day of the party their colored gingerbread house coloring page..........And that acts as their admission to the party.  Waiting for them at the party will be a place setting with a naked gingerbread house and ALL the candy fixings to create their own "take home" gingerbread house.  It tradition and honestly........the kids look forward to this once a year event.
 
I have saved all the coloring pages they have colored and will be creating each of them a Holiday Gingerbread House Decorating Party Album.  It's a total scream to look back at their early years of coloring.....and even more amazing to see what great artist they have become over the years.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you the Countdown to Christmas Gift I made for Jack.......Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Love this right down to the frosting on the house. You have some pretty "mad" coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool tradition!!! When I talk with my Niece today, I am going to tell her about your tradition. She lives in a sub-division and always has a house full of children. I can just picture her coloring the Gingerbread house and stamping them for others. She is always entertaining and has many neighborhood shindigs! Love how talented you are with coloring. I wish I was half as good. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete