Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Candy Cane Mouse

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends! 
Today I have another Holiday treat for you......This one went to my Wisconsin Grandkids (they can take candy treats into their class room).  It was inspired by Dawn Griffith at her blog
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com). 
Check out this cute cute Christmas Mouse treats that she had posted back on 11/6/2008........

They are super easy to create.....and all you need to do is print out the mouse pattern pieces (that is a download on Dawn's blog), cut out the mouse, and then slip a large candy cane into the body of the mouse.....and you have an instant Christmas Mouse treat! 
 The download that is on Dawn's blog is two pieces.....The mouse body and the mouse ears.
 You fit the two pieces together and then create the mouse face.......
Which is just two 1/2" circles and a few flicks of a White Signo Gel Pen for the eyelashes and the whiskers.
Here's what the backside of the mouse looks like when you add the candy cane. 
 I made two versions of my Christmas Mouse.
This is Baked Brown Sugar.......
 And this is the SU retired Creamy Caramel version.
My grandkids FLIPPED OUT over these little cuties.   
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you the cute little holiday gift I made for my California grandkids......Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

4 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Kadie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candy cane mice are so cute. I do follow Dawn's blog. She is from Michigan too and I purchased some of her retired stamp sets. She's such a great Lady too and a lot of fun! I having a hard time keeping up. I want to get so much done before my surgery and it just doesn't seem to be working out for me. I did get some images stamped so I can at least color them when I'm laid up. I think I need to do a lot more tho' as I will go crazy without being able to work on my SU projects. I think I will make a couple of your mice to for my Great Niece and Nephew. I bet they will flip over them too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a mouse in the house and he sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom-
    Thanks for sharing this pic of twoie. Tomorrow (12/12/13) it's supposed to be -25 degrees with the windchill. UGH!!

    ReplyDelete