Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oh Hello Card

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
I've been busy working the last couple of weeks on making LOTS of cards with all the new product that I purchased from the new Spring Catalog.  Today, I want to begin sharing those cards with you.  Let's JUMP right in with a FUN and HAPPY "Hello" card........

I started out with a Very Vanilla card base and ran the front panel of my card through my Big Shot using the new Honeycomb Embossing Folder.......
I then used the "Print Poetry" DSP and ran a small piece of that DSP through the same Honeycomb Embossing Folder and then with the help of my trusty Paper Snips......I cut out several of the embossed Honeycombs and glued them right into the Honeycomb section of my front panel.  (It's amazing how when you use the Honeycomb embossing folder on a piece of the DSP.....Your honeycomb image is transferred to the DSP and makes the cutting out of each little honeycomb a SNAP with your Paper Snips.)
I then took a piece of the "Tea for Two" DSP and created a center panel for my card and used my Paper Snips to cut "fringe" at the bottom of my DSP panel.  I wrapped a piece of the new 7/16" Natural Ribbon Trim right above the snipped fringe portion of this panel.......SERIOUSLY creating a SUPER FUN element to my card.
I stamped my "Oh Hello" sentiment onto a torn piece of "Tea for Two" DSP and distressed the edges of my DSP with Early Espresso ink.
I added one of the new Designer Builder Brads to my sentiment panel......and have to say I was guessing if I really wanted to buy these brads or wait.....and now I'm HAPPY that I bought two packages of the Designer Brads.
I made sure that I distressed all the edges of my center sentiment panel....and used the new SU Distressing Tool (AWESOME NEW TOOL) to create this shabby/chic look.
I love how this card turned out and without a doubt my all time favorite new product in the Spring Catalog is the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  LOVE LOVE LOVE that folder.  Now.....If only Stampin' UP! is listening....I'm hoping they will release a Honeycomb/Hexagon punch in our new catalog coming out in July.
 
Thank-You for joining me today.....I'll be back tomorrow to share another new card that I created using all new product from the Spring catalog.  Hope you can make plans to join me tomorrow for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. This is just so much fun to look at and see all the new techniques. I have to have the honeycomb embossing folder now for sure...and the brads...and the,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fringe. those hexagons are adorable . . . i'm still dreaming of a punch to coordinate with them!

    ReplyDelete