Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Welcome To the Neighborhood

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!  Today I want to share a fun little card that I made for our new neighbors to just moved into our neighborhood.  Check this super fun card out .......
I would like to say that I created this card on my own ...... but I received all my inspiration from Carrie a Stampin' UP! demonstrator in Canada.  I had seen her card last July and while I was on the phone with my girlfriend......I started creating it and before I knew it ...... The card had come together.  I just tucked it away and kind of forgot about it until last week.
We have a new neighbor who just moved into our neighborhood and I thought this would be the perfect card to give to them.  I printed out the "Welcome to the neighborhood" from my laptop and just used two Stampin' UP! oval punches to matt the image.
 Most all the pieces came together with punches (i.e. the grass and cloud were made using the scallop circle punch).  I stamped out the house with a retired Stampin' UP! neighbor stamp set and most all the images on my card were popped up with the help of dimensionals.
I inked all the edges of the grass and house ........ 
 And the upper right hand corner of the frame was peeled back just a touch before I adhered the fabulously bright sun that I had created.
Seriously love love love how this card turned out - and I just know my new neighbors are going to enjoy receiving it and being welcomed to our fabulous neighborhood.

Many Thanks to Carrie for her inspiration for my card - I know she is taking a bit of a break from the Stamping World and hope that she gets herself recharged and returns to the Stamping World again soon.  I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations ...... Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. love this vibe . . . especially the adorable sun. it would be a cute style for a back to school or teacher card, too! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete