Wednesday, February 08, 2012

CraftJunkieToo Designer Project - Heart

Today is my good friend Debbie's Birthday and I want to start out my blog with wishing her a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Debbie is one of my biggest fans and I know she is probably reading this ...... and I want you to head out to your mailbox for a little Birthday Surprise I left at your mailbox.  Happy Birthday Friend!

Today is also another CraftJunkieToo Crafty Designer Project Post Day .... We were asked by our fearless leader Tracy (http://www.craftjunkietoo.com) to create a Design Team Project that has a heart on it.  It could be a card, layout, home decor item - whatever we wanted to do to met this Crafty Designer Project Theme.  SO ..... I made a card to share with you today - Let's get started ........
My card was inspired from Gina K Design and a fun little number she created in January.  Her card resembled a four pane window with a valance treatment stretched out across the top.  I began thinking that the valance treatment that Gina created would be PERFECT if filled with embossed hearts.
So I grabbed some retired SU DSP and cut four squares and arranged them on a black panel and added an embossed "Happy Valentine's Day" oval image to the center of my four square window frame.
 The white embossed hearts just popped off the card - and with the help of some dimensionals - I was able to quickly add some lift to both my heart valance and my "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment.
Love how timeless this card appears and with the help of some Stampin' UP Taffeta Ribbon I was able to create a Heart Card for my Crafty Designer Project Theme that SERIOUSLY says ........ I'm a Kards by Kadie Creation!

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share the Birthday gift that I made for my good friend Debbie ...... I'm hoping that she has a fabulous birthday planned for today and all her wishes come true! Happy Birthday Friend!   Keep Living Your Dream!

5 comments:

  1. Kadie - this is a beautiful card! The papers you chose are gorgeous!! I love the dimension to your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Kadie! Very classy! Nice job!

    Shelley
    Fellow DT member
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful simplicity. the row of hearts is adorable and the squares look like a pretty gift! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete