Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gails Workshop

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!  Today I have two cards to share with you that we made at Gail's Workshop last week - Let's JUMP right in ........
This workshop was for mostly new stampers and I wanted to create a card that was not only going to put the ladies at ease.....but also be something that they could give to that favorite man in their life.  This card was a CASE card from our Stampin' UP! Demonstrators website and came together in a snap for the ladies.
We used punched out 1" circles from the Well Worn DSP Collection and strung them like a banner across the top portion of our card with the help of some Linen Thread.
The detail to this card came from the Cajun Craze Banner we tucked behind our Happy Birthday Banner frame and centered all those pieces on a frame of Soft Suede.  Super great card to mass produce for all the male's on your birthday list.
The super nice thing about the Well Worn DSP collection is all the earth tone colors (Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand) that just scream to be used on this collection ....... so all those SU colors that I rarely use were perfect for this card.
The second card we made was the complete opposite style card .......... and it was this pretty pretty delicate and sweet little card for all the females on your birthday gift giving list.  
We used ther new Large Sizzlits Paper Doily Die for our Chocolate Chip Frame and a 2-3/4" circle will host any flower stamp set that you have in your collection. 
I love all the intricate design that our new Paper Doily die creates and this die makes the perfect delicate background for any card.
Thanks for joining me today - Tomorrow I have a super fun gift to share with you.  It's a little something that my good friend Debbie gave to me a couple weeks ago.  It's an amazing gift and generous gift and I hope you can come back and see what my very good friend gave me.
Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. those 1/2 circles are seriously cute and the doily card is just the right amount of elements! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete