Sunday, June 20, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

If you've been following my blog, you know that I have four school-age grandkids back in Wisconsin - and I'm forever making gifts for their classmates during the holidays. I wanted to make a little something for each of them to give to their teachers for the end of the year. I created (with the help of Dawn in Michigan) these adorable post-it-note holders for each of them. These post-it-note holders start out with a charming apple cut from my Cricut machine.........TOO CUTE (or what)! (Sorry for the shadow on the apple above - guess the top of the camera got in the way of this shot)
Here's a sample of how they turned out. I made both portrait and landscape styles. I also made them for female as well as male teachers. My older grandkids have several teachers during their school day - so I ended up making over a dozen of these.
Here's the saying I put on the front of each of the holders. This was a phrase I spotted on one of the blogs I visit and she used it for her holders - so - I used it for mine.
I was able to give these to the kids when they came out to visit us in May - so they didn't have to be shipped back to Wisconsin and have to deal with not arriving in time or better yet - getting smashed up in route. Needless to say....the kids LOVED THEM!
Hope you had a FUN weekend. It's Monday tomorrow and I'll be back to share a Mother's Day gift that my daughter from Wisconsin gave me. Until tomorrow - Keep Living Your Dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment