Friday, June 18, 2010

Kokopelli Paintings

Happy Friday to you - Thanks for stopping by. I want to share a non-stamping related project that I made for our guest room. I sketched three Kokopelli images on to a piece of 18x20 canvas and then used a combination of water color and acrylic paints to my canvas to create these fabulous Kokopelli paintings......Here we go....... These two Kokopelli canvas hang over the guest room bed. I took my image from the linen hanging piece that is in the photo listed below.
The Kokopelli that I enlarged for the 18x20 piece of canvas came from the linen wall hanging piece that is in the photo above. I have one of these linen wall hangings on either side of the guest bed - and two of my Kokopelli canvas creations are hanging between those linen hangings - right above the bed.
Here's a close up of the single Kokopelli painting that I created and is hanging on the opposite wall in the guest room. I framed each of the paintings with a wood frame and have to say........They turned out WAY BETTER than I had imaged them.
And, what kind of artist would I have been, if I wouldn't have signed each of my pieces of artwork? (Insert a photo of my ego smiling face here!)
Have to say this was a project that when I step back and look at what I created I would say......easy peasy.......NOT! It looks like an easy project but have to say it took me SEVERAL attempts to get this process down and many hours of frustration that I had to repeat steps that I could have avoided if only I would have asked someone who knew Canvas-Acrylic and WaterColor process-How to do this. But.......I was happy happy happy with the end results and who cares how long it took me to create these.
Thanks for stopping by today and hope your gearing up for a FUN PACKED weekend - starting tomorrow. Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment