Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Two Happy Birthday Cards

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Took a drive down to Galena earlier this week....and here are some of the sites we saw along the way.....
The farmland between Madison, Wisconsin and Galena, Illinois is SO BEAUTIFUL!
We passed a ton of farms and countless hills.......
LOTS of corn fields!
That the corn was sooooo tall we just couldn't even see over most of it.
And a little something that we don't have out in Arizona......Water Towers.......
OR......This GORGEOUS VIEW!
Have to say.......This NEVER Gets Old!

Now.....On with my share for today.  Today, I have two versions of a fun little birthday card.....that comes together in a SNAP!  Check out both versions of my card..........
I created one version of this birthday card in Soft Sky.......and the other version in Lost Lagoon.  For both sets, I used the "Hey You" stamp set to create my Happy Birthday sentiment.
Here's the Lost Lagoon version.......
And I used the new "Fun Frames" embossing folder to create a sassy Happy Birthday message.  It was stamped with VersaMark and then I used White Embossing Powder to make the sentiment really POP!
I also used the new Large Polka Dot embossing folder to create some amazing texture on my Lost Lagoon background panel.
Here's the Soft Sky version.
And for the Soft Sky background panel......I used the 1/2" circle punch to punch out the center of each of the circles that were embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.

Here's a close-up of what the 1/2" circle looked like when I punched out the center of the embossed Polka Dot panel.
LOVE LOVE LOVE how both of these cards turned out.  I think they would look fabulous on all different colors........Might have to create some of these cards with Hailey - for our Skype Sunday!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you a bold card made with a Party Card .......... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. What a WOW! card! I love the crisp mix of white and blue and that texture is outta this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of punching out the circle centers from the embossing background! Thanks for sharing and showing us the green land!

    ReplyDelete